Please read these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) carefully. You will be legally bound by these Terms from the time you submit an entry for the Sharwood’s Chinese New Year Text to Win promotion (the “Promotion”).
The Promoter and the Agency
- Premier Foods Group Limited of Premier House, Centrium Business Park Griffiths Way, St Albans, United Kingdom, AL1 2RE is the “Promoter”.
- HRG (UK) Ltd, of Mercury House, 8 Sandy Way, Grange Park, Northampton, NN4 5EJ is the “Agency”.
- The Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom. This Promotion excludes the (i) agents (including the Agency) and/or the employees of such agents, (ii) the employees of the Promoter and its group companies, (iii) the immediate families of such agents and employees referred to in this clause, and (iv) anyone professionally connected with the Promotion or its administration.
- Purchase of a Sharwood’s Text to Win promotional pack required for GB residents (please see clause 10 for a list of promotional packs and a full list of participating retailers). Please retain packaging, which contains the last four digits of your barcode required to enter the Promotion, and proof of purchase, as this may be required to validate entries/claims to a prize. Entrants who do not give correct contact details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified.
- No purchase necessary for residents of Northern Ireland. See clause 13 for details.
- Access to a mobile phone is required for entry into the Promotion. Entrants must seek the bill payer’s permission before texting to enter the Promotion. Texts may be charged at network’s standard rate. Entrants will be required to be able to call the Agency to redeem their prize.
- Entrants may need to provide proof of name, age and address to validate that they meet the entry requirements and can accept a prize. Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups, agents, third parties or syndicates will not be accepted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of programme, application, script, brute force or any other automated means, that person’s entries will be disqualified, and any prize awarded will be void.
- The Promotion will begin on 20th January 2021 (the “Opening Date”) and close at 11:59pm on 2nd March 2021 (the “Closing Date”). The period starting from the Opening Time and ending at the Closing Date is called the “Promotion Period”.
- Throughout the Promotion Period, 11.59pm on each Tuesday is the “Closing Time”.
Entry for GB Residents:
- If you are a resident of Great Britain, you will need to:
- purchase a Sharwood’s Text to Win promotion pack (each a “Promotion Pack”) during the Promotion Period, from a participating retailer, find the last four digits of the barcode from the Promotion Pack (the “Code”); and
- during a Promotion Week (as defined in Clause 16) and before the Closing Date, submit an entry into the Promotion, by texting “WIN” plus the Code to 60075.
- GB entrants will need to retain proof of purchase and the Promotion Pack. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse the entry if the proof of purchase and/or Promotion Pack are unable to be provided.
- Promotion Packs are exclusively available in participating Sainsbury’s stores, subject to availability. Promotion packs include:
Sharwood’s Stir Fry Sauce Jar Black Bean 195g
Sharwood’s Stir Fry Sauce Jar Hoisin & Spring Onion 195g
Sharwood’s Stir Fry Sauce Jar Sweet & Sour 195g
Entry for Northern Ireland Residents:
- If you are a resident of Northern Ireland, during a Promotion Week (as defined in Clause 16) and before the Closing Date, submit an entry into the Promotion, by texting “WIN2021” to 60075.
- You may be required to validate your no purchase necessary entry by providing your Northern Ireland address. Please be aware that any entry may become invalid if the Promoter has reason to suspect that a resident of Great Britain has used the Northern Ireland entry route in order to gain free entry into the Promotion.
The following terms apply to entries submitted by Great Britain and Northern Ireland residents.
- Entry into the Promotion is by text only. All entries must be received no later than the Closing Date. All entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified. If you enter after the Closing Date, you will not be entered into the Promotion, but you will be charged by your mobile network.
- Each entrant may enter the Promotion once per week (Wednesday to Tuesday, the “Promotion Week”) and only one entry per phone number will be accepted.
- During the Promotion Period, there will be one (1) cash prize of £2,021 available to be won (the “Cash Prize”) per Promotion Week. There are a total of six (6) Cash Prizes available to be won throughout the Promotion Period.
- Please note that entries submitted by Great Britain and Northern Ireland residents will be entries into the same prize pool.
Selection and Notification of Winners and Delivery of the Prizes
- Every Wednesday during the Promotion Period and following each relevant Closing Time (see clause 9), one (1) winner (a “Winner”) will be drawn at random from all valid entries received in the preceding week up to the relevant Closing Time (see clause 9) only to win the Cash Prize for that Promotion Week.
- Each Winner will be contacted by the Agency to arrange delivery of the Cash Prize. The Cash Prize can be paid via bank transfer or cheque to the winner’s home address. Winners will need to provide the Agency with, either, bank details for payment via BACS, or, residential address details for payment via cheque. Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is available at the address provided to receive the prize. Neither the Promoter nor the Agency take any responsibility for any Cash Prize that is unable to be delivered.
- Cash Prizes will be delivered within 21 days of the date that the Winner accepts their prize and confirms their details for delivery to the Agency.
- There is no alternative to the Cash Prize.
Data Protection and Marketing
- By entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that any personal information provided by them with their entry may be held and used by the Promoter or its agents (including the Agency) and its suppliers solely for the purpose of administering this Promotion. Please see our Promotion Privacy Notice, at the end of these Terms and Conditions, for full details on how we handle your personal information.
- The Winners may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Promotion, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional and press purposes. The Winners agree that the Promoter may use their name, image and town or county of residence to announce them as the winners of the Promotion and for any other purpose of promoting the Promotion, the Promoter’s business and business activities.
Limitation of Liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents (including the Agency) or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- To receive a list of Winners and their counties of residence, please contact the Agency by emailing [email protected]. List of Winners may be requested up to 3 months after the Closing Date.
- Any decision of the Promoter, or the Agency, as to eligibility to take part in the Promotion or the result of the Promotion will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are incomplete, delayed, lost, damaged or unreadable whether due to failure or non-availability of the website, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind, or the submission of incomplete information or any other reason.
- The Promoter reserves the right to delay, postpone or cancel the Promotion in the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, which it considers necessary. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative prize of equal or higher value, if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The Promotion and these Terms are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes must be referred to the English courts.
PREMIER FOODS PLC
WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
This website only collects data that you enter into the website for example to submit an enquiry.
This notice explains what data we process, why, how it is legal and your rights.
ABOUT US AND THIS NOTICE
This website ("our site") is operated by a member of the Premier Foods group of companies, the ultimate holding company of which is Premier Foods plc (registered in England and Wales with company number 05160050 and registered address Premier House, Centrium Business Park, Griffiths Way, St. Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1 2RE, United Kingdom).
All references to 'our', 'us', 'we', 'company' or "Premier Foods" within this policy are deemed to refer to Premier Foods plc, its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates and we are a 'controller' for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("Data Protection Laws").
We take your privacy very seriously. We ask that you read this Privacy Notice carefully as it contains important information about our processing and your rights.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, how we handle your personal data, or want to exercise any of your rights, please contact our Data Privacy Officer either:
By post: Premier House, Centrium Park, Griffiths Way, St Albans, AL1 2RE; or
By email: [email protected]
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. You should check this Privacy Notice occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
Personal data provided by you
If you are just browsing our website we will not collect personal data.
When submitting an entry into our competitions, you may be asked to provide certain personal data with your competition entry (such as your full name, date of birth, email address, residential address phone number and bank details (if you are selected as a winner)). We will also collect your IP address. We along with our service providers (please see below) will only collect, hold and process your personal data to the extent necessary to:
- administer the competition;
- to contact you if you are selected as a winner of a prize and, if you are the winner of a prize then, to send the prize to you;
- to announce you as a winner of the prize, if we receive a request for a list of winners in accordance with our competition terms and conditions. We will use your title, surname and county of residence to announce you as the winner of the prize;
- To monitor any entries made in excess of the permitted number of entries and to otherwise monitor entries which are not made in accordance with the competition terms and conditions.
If you are not asked to provide your residential address with your entry then, if you are selected as a winner of a prize in our competition, you may be asked to provide your residential address or such other delivery address and information that we require to enable us to send you your prize.
If you are the winner of a prize, we may also ask you to participate in non-paid publicity and advertising for the purpose of promoting the promotion / competition, our brands and our business activities and we may use your name, county of residence and / or your image to do this.
Sensitive personal data provided by you
We do not collect any sensitive personal data about you.
HOW IS PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA LAWFUL?
We are allowed to process your personal data on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to:
- administer your entry to the competition,
- if you win the competition, contact you, deliver your prize to you and, announce you as winner or for the purposes of publicity;
- respond to enquiries, complaints and requests in order to serve our customers. We will only use your personal data for this purpose. If you are an existing customer, we may add information about the enquiry, complaint or request to other records we hold about you so we can provide a better customer service; and
- send you material you have requested, using the data you have provided.
Please be aware that you have the right to object to the processing of your data of any of the legitimate interests identified.
WHO WILL HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Like any business, we use service providers to operate our website, such as customer service management or product sales / payment processing functions. Some of these service providers will process your data as part of the services they offer to us. We take steps to ensure that our service providers treat your data in accordance with the law, only use it in accordance with our contract with them and keep it secure.
Reason for processing
Reason for processing
CPM International Group
Customer services intermediary. Premier Foods and the customer services intermediary will receive a list of winners each week, to enable them to respond to a request for a list of winners, in accordance with the competition terms and conditions.
CPM will also use your personal data to respond to any consumer enquiries submitted by them to you. Certain consumer enquiries may be passed on to our consumer careline, in which case, your personal data may be passed on to CPM to enable them to respond to your enquiry.
On behalf of Premier Foods, the Agency will administer the Sharwood’s Text to Win on-pack promotion, including managing and / or responding to consumer enquires about the promotion. The Agency will also maintain a website for the promotion (www. https://www.fullterms.co.uk/sharwoods). The Agency will request winners’ full name, contact telephone number and bank details or delivery address (where applicable) to enable it to deliver the applicable prize. The Agency will use entrant’s data to contact entrants in connection with the delivery of prizes. Our consumer services team may pass any consumer queries or questions to the Agency to handle which will include passing on consumer data, but all personal data will be handled in accordance with this privacy notice.
How we keep your data secure
We strive to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and any other unlawful forms of processing. We aim to ensure that the level of security and the measures adopted to protect your personal data are appropriate for the risks presented by the nature and use of your personal data. We follow recognised industry practices for protecting our IT environment and physical facilities.
WHEN WILL WE DELETE YOUR DATA?
Data we process
How long this will be held for
Cookies / Analytics data
IP addresses are only collected in relation to competition entries, and data is held for up to 6 months after the end of the competition to monitor any fraudulent activity.
Information from enquiry forms
Until the enquiry has been completed and no further responses are received and for a period of up to 1 year after.
For a period of up to 6 years from date of last contact. If you have an existing complaint on file, the new complaint may be added to other information that we hold about you as a customer.
If you enter our competition and do not win a prize, your data will be held for a maximum period of 6 months after the competition closing date. If you are a winner of a prize, your data will be held for a maximum period of 6 months after competition closing date.
As a data subject, you have the following legal rights:
- the right of access to personal data relating to you
- the right to correct any mistakes in your information
- the right to ask us to stop contacting you with direct marketing
- the right to prevent your personal data being processed in some circumstances
- The right to object to processing of your data where processed on the grounds of legitimate interests
- the right to erasure in some circumstances
If you would like to exercise your rights, please contact us at the details set out above.
We will respond to any rights that you exercise within a month of receiving your request, unless the request is particularly complex, in which case we will respond within three months.
Please note that exceptions apply to some of these rights which we will apply in accordance with the law.
- Complaints to the regulator
If you do not think that we have processed your data in accordance with this Privacy Notice, you should let us know as soon as possible. You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office. Information about how to do this is available on his website at www.ico.org.uk.